– What is the goal of the SmartRural Project?
The main goal of the Project is the creation of transnational cooperation for the enhancement of entrepreneurship in rural areas for four Balkan countries through SmartRural model specialization, based on the principles of innovation, sustainable economic growth & increase of wellbeing.
– What is the “Balkan-Mediterranean 2014-2020” programme?
The “Balkan-Mediterranean 2014-2020” is a new cooperation Programme, deriving from bothe, the split of the “South East Europe 2007-1013” and the strong will of the “Balkan-Mediterranean” participating countries to promote cooperation in the area.
– What countries are participating in the Programme?
The Programme brings together four (4) countries, three (3) EU member states (Bulgaria, Cyprus and Greece) and one (1) candidate countries, the Republic of North Macedonia.
– How can I keep updated about the Programme?
You can always keep updated by subscribing to our newsletter or even become a member of our Forum.
– Which countries are cooperating on the SmartRural Project?
The SmartRural Project involves the cooperation of Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece and the Republic of North Macedonia.
– Which actor is the Lead Partner for the SmartRural Project?
It is the ANKO Western Macedonia S.A. – Organization for Local Development
– Which regional economies does the SmartRural Project cover?
Mainly green, blue, tourism industries and social economy.
– Which Interreg Programme supports the SmartRural Project?
The SmartRural Project is supported by the Interreg V-B “Balkan – Mediterranean 2014-2020” Programme.
– Is the SmartRural Project funded exclusively by EU Funds?
The SmartRural Project is funded by the European Union and by National Funds of the Participating Countries.